May 30, 2011

Dirt 3

Date played: May 28th, 29th and 30th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 100 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Fuck I love this series.  Ever since Colin McRae on PS1, Codemasters has been one of my favorite racing game makers.  I spent a lot of time with Colin McRae 4 on Xbox and when Dirt came out, I played a shit load of it.  I actually completed the whole campaign mode, something I usually don't do for racing games.

My favorite racing series!
Dirt was flawed but still awesome.  Then came Dirt 2.  The handling was better, the graphics were flashier and it had real multiplayer.  This was a big step forward.  Of course, when I heard about Dirt 3 I got very excited.

I am not disappointed so far.  The game is solid, no question.  Again, the handling is more fun, the events are cool and the graphics are even better.  I played the first three event hubs which was about 15 races.  I am very happy with the game so far, the new weather effects in particular.  I've actually spent a good amount of time just watching replays to see the nice snow and rain effects.

The only thing that really pisses me off is that the game comes with a VIP pass which enables online play, Youtube uploads and a few extra cars.  The PSN store being still down, I couldn't enable that.  Soon enough I guess.