May 22, 2011

L.A. Noire

Date played: May 21st
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 50 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I solved an interesting case where a famous actress and her young apprentice are found in a car that drove over a cliff.  I won't spoil the details but the case was really cool.  I had to interview the movie star (who is a cougar!), the apprentice who was in a hospital bed, a prop company manager and the suspect's wife.
The scene of the crime.

There was a lot of variety including tailing a car, a foot chase, two shootouts and a car chase.  I also met my next boss who is a complete dick.  After solving the case, I got promoted to homicide detective.

The game is actually really difficult in the interview parts, it's extremely difficult to pick the right answer and show the right evidence 100% of the time.  I got a three star rating out of five...