May 3, 2011

Modnation Racers

Date played: May 3rd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

Split screen should be mandatory for all racing games
Well, it turns out that there is more than 1GB of patches AND an lengthy installation to play this game.  My brother and I just wanted to play a few split screen races and it took about an 45 minutes for everything to be completed.  I had to do this because I haven't played this game since my PS3 broke and I had to reformat my hard drive.

Once we actually got to play, we had fun though.  It sucks that since PSN is down, none of the created tracks are available.  The 12 default tracks are good but I am definitely bored of them by now.  I won all races except one I lost to my bro.  I'm not a big fan of the handling but everything else is pretty cool.  The weapons are creative and the shield/boost system is a good addition.  I think I might like Mario Kart more but  I haven't played the Wii version yet.

Also, the loading times are way too long.