May 5, 2011

Crysis 2

Date played: May 5th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played:  100 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a few levels of Crysis 2 this morning.  This game is only getting better and better as it progresses.  I survived a gigantic tsunami-like wave and met up with some dude who seemed to know me.  Then we tried to reach Hargreave's (the shady guy that's been helping me) facility for some reason.  Again, I'm still not exactly following the story but the action is so good that I don't give a shit.

There was a great scene in the facility that involves an underwater lobby, some soldiers and a giant ceph flooding the place.  I also picked up two new weapons that I like a lot.  The first is just a big fucking machine gun, just like I love them.  The second is a kind of electricity rifle that kills humans in one or two shots.  I ditched my regular assault rifle for once.

I also walked by Statue of Liberty's head and torch in two separate locations.  The graphics are still very impressive at all times.  There was a great fight that reminded me of Halo again in the park where drop ships would come in and swarm us with alien enemies.

That's great and all but the best section I played today was a fight against an AT-ST looking mech called a Pinger.  At first, I died but that was because I didn't understand that it had a weak point in the back.  The second time around, I launched four rockets against it and I had to finish it off with C4.  The machine also had a sort of sonic boom ability that drained all my suit energy so I couldn't just cloak the whole time.  This was one of the best fights in a single player shooter I've played in a while.
A Pinger, the best fight in the game yet.

Now, I'm off to Central Station.