December 1, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: November 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Playing detective is fun! I picked up two side missions from Valentine's office. One of them brought me back to Faneuil Hall, where I had fought Super Mutants before. They were back, but I'm stronger now, so it was a lot easier to clear the place. I reached the roof where I found the clue I was looking for, a golden grasshopper with a note. The note led me to a nearby graveyard where I dug up and old grave and completed the mission.

The next one was a real fucking creepy... I had to get the missing man's house key by speaking with the town's bartender, then investigate the house, where I found a facial reconstruction receipt. This led me to a surgeon's fucked up surgery room where he had chopped up the man in little pieces for no apparent reason. The surgeon then committed suicide... I was rewarded with a bunch of money, so I decided to spend some of it on the house that's available in Diamond City for 2000 caps. It's a nice place, but I'll stick to my settlement in Sanctuary.

Boston is a very important city in American history. It's basically the birthplace of the modern United States, so of course, it's filled with historical buildings. As a way to visit these buildings, there's a thing called the Freedom Trail, which is a little path on the pavement made of red stones. The mission I chose to do next tasked me with following the Freedom Trail to it's conclusion. It was kind of tricky to do, since a lot of the roads are destroyed and there is a lot of rubble and debris along the way, but I followed it carefully. Along the way, there were sewer covers that had special markings on them, each indicating a number and a letter.
The Railroad
At the end of the trail, I entered a very old church, cleared out a few ghouls and headed to the basement where I found a plaque that I could spin and select letters. I had taken notes on the markings, so I was able to crack the code and enter the correct combination. Mysteriously, it spelled "RAILROAD" and opened a secret door.

Inside the secret door, I was greeted by three heavily armed people. After a short conversation, where I told them that I thought Synths should be treated with respect, as humans, the group revealed itself as the Railroad. They are dedicated to protecting Synths and want to destroy the Institute. I like their approach a lot, but I bet the Brotherhood of Steel won't like it too much... They say they can help find my son, if he was taken by the Institute, so I agreed to do some jobs for them in exchange. I have to meet one of their members at an old highway near Sanctuary Hills now.