December 31, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I finished Fallout 4!

There was only one story mission left for me, and that was to destroy the Institute for good, while rescuing as many synths as possible. Tinker Tom made a device that had to be placed on the mass fusion reactor which would then be detonated remotely and decimate the Institute with a large explosion.

Armed to the teeth, I teleported inside the Institute with my friends from the Railroad and proceeded to annihilate everyone and everything inside. I pulled out my best weapons, including the plasma gun, my trusty .44 revolver and my favorite weapon of them all, the gauss rifle. Hell, I even used a nuke grenade in there somewhere!

At one point after using Father's terminal to open a door, he spoke to me from his hospital bed... Obviously, he was very disappointed and sad, but I still think I did the right thing, so I told him to go to hell... We then planted the explosives and headed towards the exit. Along the way, the synth that is modeled after 10 year old Shaun showed up and pleaded for me to take him with us. He honestly believes I'm his mother because he's programmed that way. I took him along of course...

We teleported to the top of the mass fusion building and detonated the bomb. The resulting explosion was huge, satisfying, beautiful and sad at the same time.
The Institute goes up in flames!
Fallout 4 was incredible and easily one of the best games I've ever played. After completing the game, I was a bit scared to look at the amount of time I played, but I did, and I was shocked. I spent over 130 hours playing this game.

ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FUCKING HOURS!

What a great game it was, I'm really happy to have played it.