December 5, 2015

Rocket League

Date played: December 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

My youngest brother and a friend came over to play games for the evening. We started with some 2 on 2 online, me and my brother together. As usual, we were real monsters on the field, winning all 6 games we played. There were one or two games that were close, but overall, we simply destroyed the opposition.
On the left, my friend scores her first Rocket League goal!
After that though, my friend, who has never played Rocket League, but has seen many matches, decided to try playing for the first time! We started with a bot match to help her get used to the controls, then we jumped online for some 3 vs 3. Now, we didn't win much, but we made a pretty good team. I think that with a bit more practice, my friend could become a very valuable addition to the team. She has a very distinct style that I'm gonna call "disturber of the peace". She knocks people around, particularly the opposing goalie. She distracted other players enough for me and my bro to set up great plays and score goals.

She has a real hard time with playing the ball, so the best moment of the night is when she scored her first and only goal, a beautiful straight shot from the middle of the field! I'm really glad that she tried the game with us, it was a lot of fun to have a new player!