December 17, 2015

Muramasa Rebirth

Date played: December 16th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had played a bit of this game back on the Wii a long time ago and I liked it, but I never really played a lot. Muramasa Rebirth was free on PS+ a while ago, so I tried it out last night as I watched the hockey game. The game is a 2D action game with ninjas. As is the case for most serious Japanese games, the story makes no sense. Something about stealing souls and getting big swords.
The sexy women of Muramasa
What's cool about Muramasa is the incredible art and the engaging, yet challenging combat system. I fought ninjas, demons and a giant boss that tried to crush me under his weight and spit blue fireballs at me. I liked what I played of this game, but it might get too hard, we'll see.