December 24, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 24th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Bunker Hill turned into a real war zone... I met up with the Institute Courser and we assaulted the caravan refuge. Now, I'm still a big fan of the Railroad. While I think that Desdemona is a real idiot, I still believe that her crew have the right philosophy. In Bunker Hill, it was an all out war between the Institute synths, the Railroad warriors and the Brotherhood of Steel soldiers. I betrayed my courser partner and shot him in the head in the heat of battle, then destroyed all of the synths in the area. I then let the Railroad and Brotherhood fight each other.

The battle of Bunker Hill
When I went back to meet Father, he was skeptical of my paltry explanation that we were ambushed, but I'm still safe for now. I feel like I will have to take down the Institute, I'm just not comfortable with the way they think.

I saw online that there were 2 other vaults that I hadn't found yet, so I looked up their locations and headed to one of them, Vault 95. It's been taken over by gunners, which meant I had to snuff out the lot of them. I found some clues about the vault that explained it's purpose. Basically, the population was entirely made up of junkies, addicts and alcoholics and the apparent purpose of the vault was to detoxify the people and help them get sober. The dark secret of the place is that after 5 years, one employee was tasked with opening up a secret door that contained a lifetime of drugs and alcohol, then observe the results. From what I gathered, it wasn't long before the residents were fighting over the drugs, overdosing and doing what junkies do, get high. I thought it was a really cool little story, even if it's quite grim...