December 21, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 20th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Working for the Railroad is dangerous, but I still feel like they have the right approach to the whole synth problem. treat them as people, let them figure out their lives on their own. The Institute sees them as simple machines, but that seems.... wrong to me.

Bottom line is, I think I'm gonna have to work against my son, Father. I informed Desdemona, head of the Railroad, that I was planning on releasing 15 synths with the help of the informant inside the Institute. She insisted that we should try to free all of them at once, so I went back to the Institute and talked about it with the synth that will help with the plan. He agreed to rally fellow synths, as a sort of rebellion, to fight when the time came. I helped them gather some weapons and must now continue working with Father until the time is right.

A few new side missions opened up at the Railroad, including the last few Randolph station missions and a few courser hunts. When I decided to continue the main story, I was given a mission by Father that led me to an amazing location, a raider base built on the wreckage of a few dozen ships on the east coast. The leader is a synth who had it's memory wiped by the Railroad and who quickly became a raider lord, my job was to stop him and return him to the Institute for reprogramming. This mission reminded me of Rage in a lot of ways, mostly because of how the area is built.
This ship graveyard is one of the coolest locations in the game
Next, I was given a mission where I have to take over Bunker Hill for the Institute as a way of crippling the Railroad. I decided to give the Railroad some warning, so that they could save the synths that are hidden there. Things are starting to heat up, and I feel that I will soon have to choose a permanent ally. This also means I will likely make some new enemies too...