December 20, 2015

Yoshi's Woolly World

Date played: December 19th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 10/10

Yoshi's Woolly World just keeps getting better and better! Sure, it's still has amazingly cute as ever, but the gameplay mechanics are what is really keeping my interest. World 3 is full of surprises...

The first level I played had me grabbing onto some scarves and climbing around on them. Not only was it challenging, it was very cool to look at too, with great animation and attention to detail. The next one was a mid-world fortress filled with large bubbles that floated around the level and acted as both obstacles and bouncing platforms throughout. I had a rematch against the giant Mole boss at the end of the level.
This level was amazing!
3-5 was one of the best levels in the game yet. There were some little birds all over the place that followed Yoshi around as if they were eggs. The trick is that they left a trail of clouds in their wake when thrown that could be used as a platform. This led to some really fun sequences and some interesting puzzles. Finally, I played a maze level in a deep cave. There were tons of different paths available and lots of hidden things. I just love this game, a lot more than I expected.