December 21, 2015

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational

Isabelle
Date played: December 20th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

It turns out, Hot Shots Golf is a pretty awesome game, and it's perfect to play on a handheld system... Shit, I even played a hole or two during Fallout 4 loading screens! I completed the first tier of events, the Beginner tier, which was composed of five 9 hole rounds, one 18 hole round and a versus event against a playable character, Isabelle.

I did really well, but the courses have been all very simple and easy so far, with only a few tricky greens and obstacles. By winning the versus event, I unlocked Isabelle. I tried her out in the next tier of events which features a couple of new courses and is definitely more challenging. I didn't really like her much, she lacked power and spin and she has an annoying voice, so I tried out the other character I have, a young man. I like him a lot, he has good spin, though he also lacks power. What I really like about the game is how fast it is to play, and all the crazy shit that can be unlocked.