December 12, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

The Railroad had sent me to investigate a safe house at University Point, far south of Boston. The derelict town used to be a normal little place before the war. Synths have taken over the place and have been patrolling, my job was to destroy them all. Armed with my laser pistol, I shot everything in sight and cleared the location for the Railroad to use.

Next, I went back to see the Brotherhood of Steel to start doing some real work for them. I jumped into a Vertibird and headed for Fort Strong, a nearby military base that has been taken over by Super Mutants. In a very cool scene, we circled the area in the Vertibird as I shot Super Mutants with the vehicles powerful minigun. There was even a hulking berserker to kill! Once the landing area was cleared, I headed inside the Fort Strong building to secure some nuclear warheads for the Brotherhood. I killed a bunch of Super Mutants with my trusty Deliverer pistol and reported back to the leader of the Brotherhood. He rewarded me with some smoke grenades that can be used to call a Vertibird to any location for easy transport!
I fuck up some Super Mutants with the Vertibird's minigun!
I went back to Sanctuary to dump my junk, sell my excess gear and rest. I decided to tinker with my power armor a bit, since I had picked up a couple of new pieces of it. I now have 9 complete power armor sets, most of which I will never use. But they sure look really fucking cool, parked in my garage. I decided to take a walk to a location on my map that I had never visited, but probably should have since it was so close to the starting areas.

That's when I stumbled onto Covenant, a very small settlement that is armed to the teeth. As soon as I approached the town's gates, things got really weird, really fast. The doorman wouldn't let me inside until I passed a psychological exam of about 5 or 6 questions. For example, one of the questions was "You have just discovered that a mutated arm has grown on your stomach, what do you do?". All the questions and answers were pretty funny, but also on the creepy side.

Inside the gates, things didn't get much better. Everyone seems too fucking nice... After poking around a bit, I met with Honest Dan, a mercenary who was hired to find out what happened to a caravan who was killed just outside of Covenant. After picking a few locks and hacking a few computers, I found enough clues to understand that Covenant is a front for a bigger organisation. I still don't have any real details, but I had enough clues to grab Honest Dan and head out to a nearby sewer to investigate further. I wonder what I'll discover...