December 13, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, the small town of Covenant really was just a front for a bunch of synth haters who have their headquarters in a sewer. I found their leader and she had determined that the teenage daughter of the murdered caravan was a synth. The SAFE test, the test that I was administered when entering Covenant, was built to identify synths based on their responses. So of course, I wanted to save the teenager, but that forced me to kill every single person inside the sewers. When I went back to Covenant, I had to kill everyone there too...

Next, I investigated a lead I had that led me to the Museum of Witchcraft on the east side of the map. The place wasn't much of a museum, but inside, I found a scary and powerful Albino Deathclaw. This was by far the strongest Deathclaw I fought yet, but it was nothing that a few criticals from my trusty .44 revolver. I found some Deathclaw eggs on the ground that had been stolen by gunners, so that's likely what attracted the mommy... I brought the eggs to Diamond City and sold them.
I might move here...
Finally, I completed a Minutemen quest where I had to clear out a lighthouse on the east coast. For the first time, I fought some Children of the Atom, the group of crazies that worships radiation. They fight with gamma ray guns which don't cause damage, but instead inflict large amounts of radiation until death. I was glad to be carrying my hazmat suit... I put it on, killed the fanatics and added the lighthouse to my list of settlements.

For the first time, I'm considering moving most of my settlement... While I love Sanctuary, I loved the quiet seaside and lighthouse of the new spot. I might move my main things here, like my tools, my shops and power armor here. It's a lot of work for no real benefit, but I just like the look of this place a whole lot.