December 5, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

My youngest brother is a huge Fallout and Skyrim fan. He even bought a PS4 just for Fallout 4! So while we were hanging out together, we ended up booting up the game for a bit. After showing him my character, my guns, my perks and my settlement, he asked me if I had seen something crash from the sky around level 20 or so. I remember hearing a loud crash and seeing a bit of smoke, but it was too dark, too foggy and too far for me to find out what happened the first time.

My bro led me to a spot where I found a small alien ship that had crash landed! Traces of green blood led me to a small cave where I had to kill the alien, a typical "martian" style creature. On him was an amazing weapon, the Alien Blaster. Unfortunately, while it's very powerful, it also only uses special ammo that I found on the alien. I only have about 400 rounds, so I'm not sure I'll get to use this thing a lot. There's a science upgrade that allows it to use normal fusion cells, but it requires 4 points into the science perk, so maybe I'll look into it later.

Then I finally decided to visit Vault 81, a vault I had seen in my travels, but never entered. The place is still thriving, with a small population of people that are all very normal, except that they don't want to exit the safety of the vault. There's a good shop here, but I don't have enough caps to buy anything worthwhile yet. After finding a cat that had escaped the vault, it was revealed that one of the children is gravely ill.
Vault 81
After a bit of investigating, I discovered that there was a whole other, secret vault, hidden below! That part was completely destroyed and infested with powerful mole rats and a few robots. I cleared the area and found Curie, a robot that manages the vault's experiments. Basically, the people who lived in the secret vault were experimenting with different diseases and serums. The people in the normal vault were to be used as test subjects... Curie gave me the last remaining vaccine for the disease and I gave it to the doctors to heal the kid. Curie is now one of my followers, so I sent her to Starlight Drive-In.