December 16, 2015

Fallout 4

Date played: December 15th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I tracked down an Institute courser and destroyed it. Following the clues I received from Virgil, I went to the location he provided, turned on my radio and followed the courser signal until I reached a very large research building. When I got inside, there were some gunners fighting an unseen enemy, which turned out to be the courser himself. I fought my way through multiple floors of the building until I reached the courser at the top level.

While he wasn't too hard to kill, he had a stealth ability which prevented me from using VATS aiming, so I just shot a shitload of 10mm rounds near his location and killed it. I retrieved a chip from it's carcass and brought it back to the Railroad where Tinker Tom hacked into it and got some valuable info. I must now bring it back to Virgil, the Super Mutant scientist.
Tinker Tom analyzes the data from the Courser

I spent the rest of my time completing some side missions. I think I've done most of them now, unless I missed some city somewhere. I completed quite a few missions for the Minutemen and I think I have most of the settlements now. One of the missions for the Minutemen pitted me against the toughest Super Mutants I've seen yet. I had to pull out my bigger guns, some chems and I even had to hide for a few seconds, like the early game. In another mission, I had to kill a Mirelurk Queen, which I killed in 2 shots of my .44 revolver.

Finally, the last side mission I had available led me to an elementary school infested with ghouls. As I cleared out the monsters, I learned that the school has been used as a testing ground for a new type of food, a pink food paste. All staff and students had to eat the food paste as their only source of nutrition... There are hints that it caused "pinkness", irritation and other side effects, but it didn't really lead anywhere.