October 1, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 30th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a few Control matches in the Crucible last night. I was pretty damn good session. My best score was 23-8 with tons of captures and the highest score in the 12 person lobby! I'm getting better at running away from fights I can't win and defending choke points. My super, grenades, pulse rifle and shoulder dash can all be used together for effective fighting and I'm getting better and better at it all the time.

Bastion is an awesome map
Control is my favorite mode though because it forces people to congregate in specific areas. Flanking becomes a crucial ability. I've also learned to crouch more often as the radar picks up my signal only once every 5 seconds or so, which is usually enough to get people off their game. People with shotguns at close range are still my weakness, and I've gotten better at fighting snipers with my pulse rifle. I'm definitely getting close to buying some exotic gear soon, only about 1000 reputation points to go.

I'm also really liking the versatility of the jet pack in Destiny. It allows for some crazy battles and adds makes for some very unpredictable movement. It's gotten me out of tight spots more than once. It's also really cool to jetpack above the battlefield and shoot rockets down on unsuspecting enemies.