October 22, 2014

Destiny

Date played: October 21st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played some Destiny last night and ended up joining my friend's fireteam. Him and one of his buddies were working through the weekly heroic strike, a high level version of the Phogoth battle on the Moon. One of the modifiers in the strike made it so that many elite enemies spawned. This meant dozens of wizards and knights with very high HP and high damage potential.

We actually died MANY times due to the strength of the elites. In fact, we had to eventually quit and try an easier version. The second time around, it was still very difficult, but we made it through alive in the end. Unfortunately, we all played titans. This wasn't so bad honestly, but it would have been nice to have some class variety. One of them is using the defender skills and his big shield came in handy more than once.

Our fireteam relaxes after a difficult battle with Phogoth
I then played a couple of rounds in the Crucible and was quite successful overall. I always place in the top 2 spots on my team and we win a lot. There was one particular hunter that really had my number though. This guy was very skilled with his hand cannon and managed to keep me at bay in every encounter I had with him. He used cover and range to his advantage and I never had a chance. Good job hunter man.