October 13, 2014

Driveclub

Date played: October 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through many Tour events and completed the Professional cup. There is only one single player cup left to complete, though I still have a good number of events left to play. Evolution REALLY needs to get their servers back online or I'll be out of stuff to play and will have to move on to a different game...

I raced some very fast cars. I'm gravitating towards the Ferrari's such as the 458 Italia. The Ferrari's all seem to handle pretty damn well, have good acceleration and are furiously fast, while still being accessible. Some of the targets for secondary objectives are a real challenge. Usually, it's a lap time that will give me trouble, but since I've practiced so much in the time trial events, when I get back to one of those tracks, it becomes a LOT easier. Granted, having other racers on the track and a different time of day does make a difference, but the corners don't change.

The Ferrari 458 Italia blazes through the night
Racing at night is still one of my favorite elements of Driveclub and it's made even better when I get to race through dusk or dawn. The fancier the cars, the fancier the interior, which makes the lit up dashboards even prettier to look at. I fucking love Driveclub, but I'm going to run out of stuff to do in it real soon...