October 18, 2014

Driveclub

Date played: October 17th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played one event in the Tour mode, but that's all the time I had to play Driveclub yesterday. It was a good one though. The Norwegian Lightweight series was a 2 race event restricted to the Ariel Atom and BAC Mono. These super light, open wheel cars are a joy to drive, but behave in an odd way. At first, I tried using the Atom. That little rocket has incredible acceleration, probably the best in the game. However, it controls like shit. The slightest miscalculation, bump or scrape, can send the car into ridiculous spin outs. I was having a really hard time with this car...
The BAC Mono is slow, but handles like a dream
The BAC Mono requires a club at level 10, which our club has just reached. I'm very happy about that because while the Mono is actually not very fast, it handles almost like a kart. It takes corners at full speed without a hint of losing control. In the long straights, I tried to position myself so I could drift behind an Atom because the BAC is just too slow. In the end, I managed to get all the stars in the event and am ready to move on.