October 28, 2014

Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice

Date played: October 27th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a good part of the Grubbins On Ice expansion in Costume Quest with my daughter. She really enjoys watching me play this game. She participates too! She presses buttons to open doors and smash items.
Unicorn strike!

The expansion is really just more of the same. I had to complete small quests to open the paths needed to progress. One of them had me lure a man's girlfriend by using the fry costume and it's wonderfully greasy smell. Another had me explore a mysterious cave to find a joke book. The cave was setup a lot like those puzzle forests in Zelda games. I had to use my different costumes to figure out which door to enter or I would end up at the entrance again.

I got a new costume and I really like it. It's a pirate skeleton! It's fucking awesome and has replaced my robot. The pirate has the ability to zipline in the world with his hook and is an offensive character in battle. His special is a very powerful cannon barrage from his ship.