October 6, 2014

Earthbound

Date played: October 6th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

You know what's cool about the Wii U? Playing things on the gamepad instead of the tv. While I can do this with my PS4 and Vita, it just doesn't beat the convenience and speed of playing the Nintendo machine. While watching a tv show with my girlfriend, I ended up playing a bit of Earthbound at the same time.

Earthbound is completely crazy
It's been a while since I played... I am currently controlling Jeff, the little genius dude, and trying to make my way south to meet Paula who has been sending him messages telepathically. I used my little monkey friend and his bubble gum blowing habits to catch a ride on Tessie, the Earthbound equivalent to Nessie the Lochness monster. I then made my way through a small dungeon, fighting ducks and rats until I found Stonehenge.

I leveled up a bit here by defeating some hilarious looking cavemen, then found the lab where Jeff's estranged father offered to lend him his flying machine to reach his destination. Jeff flew over much of the world in his flying saucer and crash landed right next to Ness and Paula. After a brief introduction, he used his inventor skills to unlock the door that had trapped our friends in the room. I can't wait to see what happens next!