October 2, 2014

Destiny

Date played: October 1st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

Another day in the Crucible!

It's proven to be very fruitful. There's a new patch out there that increases the loot drops and I've started seeing some of it I think. I've looted some new armor pieces that were slight improvements on what I had before, but it was enough to push me to level 24. I also scored a new pulse rifle that seems better than the one I have now, but I'm still learning how to use it's sights. I've been successful with it though.
Destiny always looks great
I spent most of my time in Control mode again, though I played some Skirmish as well. Control is so much fun! My Titan striker works really well in the mode as I can often jump in and fuck people up in close range melee. I've also started using a new grenade, the lightning grenade. I feel like a dumb asshole for not trying this thing out earlier. It hits really fucking hard and has a nice range. I've managed many kills with it and have used it as a way to weaken groups of enemies before engaging. It's also really good to use on the control points.

The most significant event of the night was reaching Crucible rank 2. That means I can now purchase exotic armor pieces from the vendors! I have enough marks for at least two of the cheaper pieces, but haven't bought them yet.