October 24, 2014

Destiny

Date played: October 23rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a lot of Destiny last night, enough to get significant upgrades.

Much of my time was spent in the Crucible completing bounties and kicking ass. I did really well for the most part. To complete some bounties, I ended up playing a lot of Rumble and Skirmish. Rumble is rough man. I've had success there, but I haven't won any of the games. I like it, it's unpredictable and ripe for fun situations. In fact, I feel like Destiny could have used a multi team game mode, it worked really well in Halo.
My shiny new helmet!

I found a really good team in Skirmish. Gjallarhorn, my rocket launcher, proved to be VERY good in skirmishes. I think the reason is that since there are fewer players, those heavy ammo crates are a bit easier to get. I also played Control and it's crazy how much better I am in that mode.

I had such a good night that I got enough marks to get my final piece of legendary armor, a new helmet. I also reached Crucible rank 3! I started gathering rep for Future War Cult in the Crucible and went farming for items in strikes and by patrolling the moon so that I could upgrade my items. I also completed a heroic story mission to get some rare materials.

In the end, I had upgraded three pieces of armor, my sniper rifle and Gjallarhorn. It was enough to push me over to level 27 and I'm not that far from 28.