October 6, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Date played: October 6th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I solved a ton of small puzzles and am getting ready to enter the fourth dungeon. I ventured to the Animal Village to the east, where I was told I could find the Angler key for the next dungeon. Before doing that, I went back to the prairie to make sure I didn't forget anything and found Tarin. I gave him the stick and he knocked a bee hive off a tree with it. I lost my stick, but got a honeycomb.

The Animal Village is a cool place and is populated by talking animals, as expected. The worst of them all is a huge walrus that happens to fall asleep in the path that leads to the key. Asshole.

Moving the guy turned into an adventure in itself. I explored different things, using my new charging boots to find new areas and clear new paths. I stumbled upon a shrine in Mabe that I had visited before, but could now explore further with my boots. I scored an ocarina as a reward! Unfortunately, I didn't know any songs, so I went to see the only person I knew could sing, Marin, and learned a song from her.

I went back to the animal village and fucked around a little bit until I could figure out what to do. I found out that the bear who lives there wanted the honeycomb I was carrying, and exchanged it for pineapple. I also discovered that I needed Marin to wake up the walrus. She decided to go for a stroll on the beach, so I met her there.

That's when an adorable scene played out where Marin talks to Link about what's beyond the island, though as usual, the conversation was pretty much one sided. I brought her back to the walrus, woke him up and explored the small desert. I fought a giant snake thing in a quick sand arena which netted me the Angler key. Following clues, I found it's entrance near the waterfalls to the north. I didn't get into the dungeon though, I still have to find a way to it's door. I did meet a dude that wanted the pineapple and traded it for a nice flower. There's a rude bitch in the animal village that wants it.