October 19, 2014

Destiny

Date played: October 19th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 7/10

I... I don't really know what I'm doing in Destiny...

I picked up a new type of bounty that seems to be some sort of chain quest. I have no idea what it's for, but since it's different from anything else I saw in the game, I figured I would give it a shot. The objective is to play through 5 strikes without dying. I jumped into the Strike playlist. I started with a level 24 playlist, but it was a bit too much and I died a couple of times.

Who cares about the Traveler? There's loot to be found!
I then spent a good amount of time completing level 18 strikes. These were easy enough for me to go through unharmed for the most part. I went through the Nexus on Venus, Phogoth on the Moon, the Cabal commander and his tank on Mars and twice, I fought the Cabal Flayers on Mars.

I only made 3 runs without dying, so I still have 2 to go to complete the bounty. On the bright side, I got a ton of useless loot that turned into useful parts. I was able to upgrade my gauntlets which pushed me to level 26! I also fully upgraded my pulse rifle and scored a new rare shotgun that was slightly better than the on I had. I also have way too much Glimmer, so I bought a fancy blue ship.