January 9, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Date played: January 8th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I scored the Master Sword!

Before all that, I went exploring quite a bit with my new items and merge ability. Throughout the overworld, I found tons of secret caves, filled with rupees, fairies and other goodies. I made enough cash to permanently buy another item, so that's pretty cool. I also got some premium milk for a dude in the mountains, though I haven't yet found a way to get past a chasm that blocks my progress east of Hera Tower.
The most famous sword of video games?

I ventured into the Lost Woods to retrieve the Master Sword. This place is always a bitch to navigate, but this time, I had to play a little mini game to find my way. There were some ghosts standing around in a circle, and I had to follow the correct ghost to progress. They floated around in a circle, intermingling with each other while I had to keep an eye on the correct ghost or set of ghosts. I failed once, but soon enough, I was rewarded with the famous Master Sword. That thing hits harder than my previous weapon, and when at full health, launches a beam that damages enemies. With it, I destroyed the barrier surrounding Hyrule castle and am ready to search for Zelda.