January 20, 2014

Pokemon Y

Date played: January 19th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played Pokemon quite a bit last night. I completed the Lysandre labs section which culminated in the activation of the ultimate weapon. Lysandre, the bastard, wants to use the ultimate weapon to make a better world for everyone, but will kill all the Pokemon in the world to do so. When we reached the deepest floor of the lab, we were given the choice of pressing a blue button or a red button. I chose the red button, which activated the weapon, but it was clear that even if I pressed the blue one, the scientists would have still activated it. The weapon spurted out of the ground in the Eastern most town of Kalos.

We headed over to that town so that we could figure out a way to deactivate the weapon. Of course, the whole place was infested with Flare team members. I fought a bunch of them and finally reached the bottom of the dungeon. For the first time in a long fucking time, I was treated to some story content and even a nice looking cut scene. To make it short, the ultimate weapon is powered by the strength of all Pokemon, but also requires the Legendary Pokemon, in my case, Yveltal. I battled Yveltal and captured him, destroying Team Flare's plans in the process.
Yveltal is magnificient!

Yveltal is a really cool flying creature with dark attacks. I reluctantly removed Krookodile from my party and swapped in Yveltal. He starts at level 50, while my party was around level 65 already. I used all my rare candy I had to boost him up to level 57. Then I equipped him with an item that boosts it's exp. It has some powerful dark attacks and a nice HP siphoning flying attack. I made my way back to the road and reached the next town.

The road was mainly a cave where I captured a few new monsters and leveled up quite a bit. I then took an unintended detour into the Terminus Cave which turns out is optional. I cleared out the whole place before reaching a spot where I was turned away because I hadn't beat all gyms. On the bright side, I made tons of exp and Yveltal is now close to the same level as the rest of my party. My team ranges from 67-74, so I think I'm a bit overpowered.