January 18, 2014

Skylanders Giants

Prism Break, our newest warrior
Date played: January 18th and 19th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

So, I bought a new Skylander, Prism Break. It's my first and only earth character, and I got a Lightcore version too, so it's weapons light up when I put it on the portal. It's a stone golem of sorts that has a light beam attack and a long range stone attack. The stone stays on the ground and if hit by the beams, will split off into two and can hit two enemies at once! I like him a lot.

I spent a lot of time going through the challenge missions with him to boost his stats. When I was done, I went back into two levels to get all the stuff I missed. My girlfriend then jumped in and we completed the 6th chapter. We rode our giant robot friend into a river where we were treated to a shitty rail sequence. We stopped three times to open up parts of a dam where we fought countless enemies. One of the new enemies was a real bitch and caught us by surprise. It shoots some weird balls that stuck to us that we had to throw back. The first few times, we had no idea what to do with them and we killed several of our heroes along the way. Finally, we reached the end where our robot was killed by the bad guy and he ran off into the sunset. We must now chase after him.

On the next day, I went back into the last level to clean up the things I didn't pick up. Playing alone, this became a hell of a lot easier. I kind of wish the game had used the Gamepad for the second player, this would avoid having both players in the same screen and would make it a lot easier to see. I gathered all the missing items and finished the level.

I then went and completed the last level of the first battle arena using Prism Break. The objective was to complete all stages without being hit once. I had to start over about three times but I finally got it and was rewarded with a lucky charm of some sort.