January 10, 2014

Gravity Rush

Date played: January 9th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played two episodes and two challenge missions. When Kat fell down the giant hole, she landed on a small town, cut off from the top world. She was quickly taken captive by the group, a ragtag gang of children in loin cloths and masks... They left Kat in a spherical cage under the supervision of a careless and sleepy little girl. I got out and was treated to a weird stealth mission where I had to navigate the area without being spotted by patrolling children... I was caught by the leader, but that's just when the enemies showed up, so I fought them and bought myself some credibility with these kids.
These kids are badass

I then played two challenge missions that had opened up in the small village. Then I played another mission, which had me battle a gigantic flying worm creature that was attacking the area. The fight was pretty cool, where I had to wait until the thing shot a laser beam to hit it's weak spot, avoiding fire all along. It became apparent that I wasn't going to kill this thing, when my sexy rival showed up and decided to help for once. I had to lure the worm to her traps, eventually scaring it away. This was the most interesting segment in the game since the intro I think and really surprised me. The combat was less tedious and it was cool to see a smaller area. It seems to work better for the game. I'm excited to see how this turns out.