January 27, 2014

Skylanders Giants

Date played: January 26th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through a new level in Skylanders at my daughter's request. It was definitely a fun one, we assaulted a troll castle to take out air defenses. The level is well designed, with a focus on combat. Prism Break has been my go-to since I bought him because he's strong and versatile. I really enjoy putting down crystals and shooting laser beams through it to damage multiple enemies at once. I used him for most of the level, changing to Tree Rex when I needed a giant. There was a difficult battle in a water area, I was pinned against three crossbow monsters with high HP and a fast firing rate. They killed my water monster and I had to finish them off with Prism Break.
This was a beautiful level

I then went through a gauntlet littered with dangerous shells being fired from giant cannons. I took out many cannons with bombs that were lying around but some of the cannons were inaccessible, so I had to avoid them altogether. Finally, I took out the last of the cannons and completed the level.

I also went back to the previous level to get a few items I missed and bought a new luck-o-tron slot. I still had enough cash left to upgrade Prism Break's lasers which now deal a shit ton of damage.