January 2, 2014

Call of Duty Ghosts

Date played: December 31st and January 1st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

This is it, I've found my perfect class setup. I've taken out my third attachment perk and the red dot sight and replaced them with Focus and Amplify. It looks a little bit like this.

Ameli
Grip
Muzzle Brake
Stalker
Hardline
Dead Silence
Amplify
Focus
Guard Dog
Sentry Gun
Hind

Focus helps reduce sway and flinch when shot. It has helped greatly in all firefights as I stand a better chance of hitting my target while shot. It took a few matches to get used to as I was already compensating for some of it, but I quickly learned to love the more stable crosshairs.

Amplify is where I saw the biggest difference though. I should mention that I'm rocking a pretty solid surround sound system, with an Onkyo receiver and 5, completely balanced Yamaha speakers. I was already pretty good at locating enemies with sound, but Amplify really does what it says and makes it very easy to figure out where people are. Even the type of surface they are walking on is obvious, and since I know the maps pretty well now, it's even easier to know exactly where they are. The only problem I've found is that sometimes it's harder to know if they are on the same vertical level as me.

Since changing my setup, my K/D average has shot up from 1.36 to 1.5 and I've absolutely dominated almost every game I've played. I even played a 5 or 6 Free For All matches and finished first in all of them. In Team Deathmatch, I had an amazing 42-4 game. For those keeping track, that meant I had 56% of the kills in my six person team, and we won. I haven't dropped below 1.25 in any game, and even then, those were weak matches for me. I should also mention that I do not camp in any way and run in head first, Ameli firing on all cylinders. I kind of feel bad for the Christmas noobs.