January 6, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Date played: January 5th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 10/10

Giant worm boss!
This is the most fun I've had with Zelda in more than a decade. I fought my way through a dungeon, hammer in hand, to eventually beat a giant worm boss. The dungeon itself was full of navigation challenges, most of which revolved around using the merge function. Link had to stick to walls and moving blocks around the dungeon to progress. He also used his hammer to activate giant springs that launched him to higher levels of the dungeon. In fact, this was really a giant tower. The boss was pretty cool and kind of challenging, but it wasn't enough to best me!

After I got out of the dungeon, I spent some time doing a few random things. I completed a little race from the south east of the map to the north west, I found a letter in a bottle that says I should bring milk to the mountain, I had some street pass battles and I found a few hidden caves. The bunny dude that lives in my house is also selling items instead of renting them now, so I spent a bunch of rupees on stuff. I bought the bow, hammer and bombs so that I never have to rent them again if I die. Now that I have all three pendants, I must venture into the lost woods to retrieve the famous Master Sword.