January 3, 2014

Gravity Rush

Date played: January 2nd
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 5/10

Urgh, I think I don't like this game. I really want to though. It looks great, has an amazing concept and some cool art, but fucking hell, it controls like ass. I played through Episode 12. It starts off pretty simply, a woman asks Kat to retrieve a letter she dropped into the abyss below the city. Seeing as I cleaned up the area, I am able to go deeper below the city without being engulfed by the weird storm.

Kat's rival is pretty cool
As I fell deeper and deeper, I found an opening. I went in and discovered that I couldn't use gravity tricks. This became one of the stupidest sections in the game. I basically had to free fall to the bottom while trying to move slightly to grab gems. The problem is that the camera is all wonky and I couldn't see where I was going a lot of the time, and the motion controls skewed my direction more than it helped. When I reached the bottom, I came out, used gravity to fly through the area and grab gems (a frustrating experience because of the way the game controls) and had to complete ANOTHER hole just like the first. I feel like they are padding the game to make it longer or something. Finally, I was met by the other gravity shifter and had a free fall battle, which I admit was pretty cool. I had to avoid her projectiles and just get to the bottom, where I fell into a huge black hole. We'll see what happens next time I guess.