January 5, 2014

Resogun

Date played: January 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10
The fourth boss was a bitch, but I took it down and even saved all the humans in the level

I made it through the fourth level! Though I had to use a continue somewhere along the way... It was a pretty challenging level, and I've learned to use my overdrive more often. I don't think it was meant as an "Oh shit!" button, but more as a points booster. If I'm in trouble, I rely on the bomb a bit more too. The fourth boss was a real fucking bitch that nearly cost me three lives though... The fucker shoots homing lasers that are hard to avoid, possibly because I am using the slow Phobos ship. The boss is a giant sphere with a protective layer of...I guess they are just small cubes. The overdrive helped thin out it's defenses which gave me enough space to deal direct damage. The final level is definitely more challenging, though I only had one life to try it.