January 21, 2014

Pokemon Y

Date played: January 20th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 6/10

I'm really close to the end here I think. I managed to make it to the seventh gym, though I haven't started it yet. To do so, I had to make my way through a new route. Of course, this meant I captured a few new Pokemon along the way, but my team is pretty much set at this point. Yveltal is a real fucking beast that I've brought up to level 73 and that I just love using. He has high HP, a healing spell and hits pretty hard. The route was interesting, filled with trainers, a waterfall and a cool hanging bridge. I battled my friends from the first town again, but I'm completely overpowered at this point.
Snowbelle City

Snowbelle city is a snowy area, big fucking surprise. There isn't really anything interesting here except the gym. The leader was absent though, he went on a hike or something in the nearby woods. These woods seem like they were pulled right from The Legend of Zelda's Lost Woods, but shittier. The exits lead to different areas, seemingly at random. I found some items and eventually reached an exit that led to a "Pokemon Village"...though it's little more than a flower field with garbage cans and a Snorlax. On the bright side, I captured the iconic Jigglypuff... Either way, I found the gym leader there and convinced him to go back to the city so that I could complete the gym.