January 2, 2014

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Date played: January 1st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

Once again, Edward Kenway is pirating his way through the Caribbean seas. I played one story mission as the crew thinks of ways to fortify Nassau. One of the things needed is a big ass fucking ship to scout the area. The Spaniards have a nice big one apparently, so we decided we would steal it. Unfortunately, it's big enough that we can't just attack it and board it, we have to be more discreet, so we tailed it and gathered intel on it. The mission was quite boring, I only had to follow it around with my ship without being seen.
The best pirates of Nassau discuss how to fortify the little town
I then spent a good amount of time exploring new islands. It's really a simple concept, but I love just collecting stuff in this game. I've hunted deer and made a new armor out of it too, so that's cool. I took over another fort and now have the northern portion of the map revealed, and gathered all the chests, animus fragments and everything else I could get my grubby hands on.