July 29, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 28th
Platform: PS4

I'm back baby! After my rough games two days ago, I was back to form yesterday, winning most of my matches. In fact, I won 9 of 10 matches, so that was pretty damn fucking good. I played a lot as Reinhardt and Winston, and a few games as Lucio, Symmetra and Zarya.

Winston is hard to play well, but he can turn the tide of battle
My best match was attack on Gibraltar as Winston. I had just won the defense round as Reinhardt, and was going to keep using him, but when I saw the heroes the other team picked, I knew it was time to let the ape out of it's cage. They had a bunch of squishy heroes, like Ana, Tracer, Hanzo, Mercy, etc. Their tank was D.Va, which is one that I can usually handle as Winston.

I increased the sensitivity of aiming to maximum for Winston, since his weapon doesn't require precise aiming and it's worked wonders for me. I can turn around very quickly and jump around like a madman. I was very aggressive with him and pushed the front line back as my team moved the payload. I think it worked really well. So well in fact, that I managed to get 3 gold medals and 1 silver, including the gold for damage done... To get the gold medal for damage done as Winston, I must have been doing something right because he really doesn't hit that hard.

I even had a one on one battle with a good Tracer and won. This was a very satisfying fight, since both heroes are very mobile. I was jumping around all the time, getting some hits with my Tesla canon, while she blinked quickly around me, shooting me with her automatic pistols. To be fair, I had a good team, particularly our Mercy. I would often retreat to her to heal up. I kept an eye on her too to swat off flankers.

I played really well with the other heroes too. I was on top of my game with Reinhardt. I held the second Anubis defense point with Symmetra and made a teleporter just behind the point. I healed and fought as Lucio on a king of the hill map. Finally, I fought well with Zarya.

The craziest match was when I was playing with my brother and we faced a full team of 6 McCrees! At first, they dominated us with their high damage output and constant stuns. We found a good solution soon enough though. I switched to Lucio and our team picked 3 or 4 Tracers and a Pharah. My bro picked Tracer for the first time and did amazingly well with her, though the situation was very unique. Lucio was a good choice for me also and amazingly, we won even though the payload was just about to reach the end.