July 16, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 15th and 16th
Platform: PS4

I played a good amount of Overwatch last night, and some this morning. Last night, I had some very strong games as Winston, harassing the enemy team and breaking up defenses. Later, I had an insane game as Lucio, my best performance ever with him I think. Watch it here! While many of my eliminations were just from a few hits on enemies, I feel like I had a really good presence on the battlefield. In fact, I saved the match twice with a rush to the point as overtime was dwindling down, we were about to lose. I got 4 gold medals for my efforts.
My best match ever as Lucio!
This morning, I had a very successful series of matches with my brother. We started with defense on Volskaya Industries where I used Symmetra and my brother used D. Va. I have killer turret placement on that map and made it really difficult for the enemy team to break through the choke point. My teleporter helped keep us in the game when they made a good push, and we won without them capturing the first point.

The next round, on attack, I had one of the fastest wins ever. In fact, we won the whole thing in exactly 2 minutes... Watch it here! I was Reinhardt, and my brother was Mercy. It's funny, I only blocked like 300 damage during the whole game, I was too busy charging into enemies and smashing their skulls to block.

Our last match was incredible too! This one was more difficult, I think the enemy team was stronger overall. We were attacking on Gibraltar. I started as Winston, and my bro as Mercy. However, it became clear that this wasn't going to work too well. The enemy Roadhog and Tracer were tearing us apart. So we switched. I went as Zarya and my bro as Lucio. It was a rough battle, but we won.

I had a couple of really good plays. The first is when I ambushed a Widowmaker and Symmetra. I killed Widow, then fought Symmetra, popping my shield just as her weapon was ramping up in damage. After she died, I even destroyed the teleporter she had just dropped. The second play was at the very end. I used my ultimate to group up 4 enemies in a corner. There was a Roadhog, a Symmetra, a Bastion and someone else. Me and brother teamed up to kill all 4 of them and win the match. It was so fucking satisfying! Watch it here!