July 24, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 22nd and 23rd
Platform: PS4

Oh man, I had a great time playing Overwatch with my brothers this weekend! We played together online and in person. When two of my brothers came over, we had two PS4's and two TV's, so we took turns to make different teams after each match. One of them played only as Reaper, while the other played mostly D.Va and Soldier. I spent most of my time with Reinhardt, Lucio, Winston and Zarya.

We played really well overall, winning many matches and using our communication advantage as much as possible. It was really fun to see my bro play as Reaper, because he uses different paths and tactics than I'm used to. It's also surprising how hard his weapons hit...

Later, when one of my brothers had left, we decided to do a couple of dumb gimmick matches. For example, we tried two Torbjorns on defense in King's Row. We got fucking slaughtered... I literally had 1 kill, while my brother had none, and we lost the match in record time. I think it might have been my worst game ever.

Then, we tried two Symmetras, which worked ok at first, but it wasn't long before someone on the other team clued in and started using Winston, which neutralized us very quickly.
Zarya is so much fun to play
Things got fucking crazy when we decided to try two Zaryas on payload attack in Numbani. It was absolutely incredible! I still can't believe how good we were with twin Zaryas... We would shield each other and push forward. Our energy levels were very high at all times, making kills rather easy. It was just wonderful, and I think we'll need to try this combo again when playing payload attack. You can watch the game here!