July 3, 2016

Super Mario World

Date played: July 2nd
Platform: 3DS

I finished Super Mario World! This must be the 20th time or more that I've completed this absolutely amazing game. There's something very special about Super Mario World for me. I don't really know what it is about this game, but it always makes me happy to play it.

I spent some time to unlock every secret path, except for the 8 super secret levels in the star world. The funniest secret is where you have to ride Yoshi to the end of the level, then jump down below a platform, ditch Yoshi, dropping him to his death to reach the platform behind the goal line.

The final few levels are awesome, but the best moment is definitely the battle against Bowser and his flying clown copter. It's also interesting that this game is where Bowser has the scariest looking design. I love Super Mario World, and I'm glad I played it once again.