July 18, 2016

Ratchet & Clank

Date played: July 17th
Platform: PS4

I finished Rachet & Clank!

It turns out, I was really close to the end the last time I played. All I had left were 2 boss battles. The first was against none other than Captain Quark himself! The battle was cool, but simple. I abused the Groovitron, Mr. Zurkon and grenades. The best part of the fight is that at one point, Quark starts using his own Groovitrons, forcing Ratchet to dance like an idiot. To counter this, I had to position Ratchet in a way that would make his weapon hit the disco ball.

After this, it was time for the game's final battle against Nefarious. The mega-villain uses his giant flying contraption to fight Ratchet & Clank. Much of this battle was spent in the air with Ratchet using his jetpack. This time, I used a wider array of weapons, including the buzz blades, the missile launcher and even the Combuster. I threw everything I had at him, but I died on my first attempt. On the second attempt, I got him real good and sent him into a burning sun to his death.
The fight against Nefarious was hectic and fun
Ratchet & Clank is really fun to play, has a funny story and has some of the best weapons in the history of video games, so I'm really glad I played it. My daughter was pretty pumped that we beat it and asked me to start the game over for a few minutes. I ended up playing through the intro again and the first two levels... On the second playthrough, weapons can be upgraded further, so that's fun. I might jump into it again sometime.