July 20, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 19th
Platform: PC and PS4

I played the PC version of Overwatch a little bit last night with my friend. However, I have been getting lots of crashes with the game there for some reason, I think I have to reinstall it or something because it's very frustrating. One cool thing is that Ana is out on PC, and I got to play against her a few times, and had her on my team also.

Ana is a weird hero, but she seems to be a powerful secondary healer. Her strongest ability is her sleep dart, which knocks a player down for up to 12 seconds, as long as the target doesn't take any damage. Her ultimate seemed really powerful too. In one of my games, she used it on a Roadhod who was using his ultimate and it just destroyed our entire team! Her healing seems sub-par though, she certainly can't heal on her own. Her damage is low also, so she is kind of a debuffer more than anything else.

I played as Lucio and as Zarya, but we lost pretty fast in all the games I played with my friend. He's a fan of Junkrat now, but still uses Pharah quite a bit.

When the game crashed I switched over to PS4 and played with my brother. We tried out the new brawl, where only tanks are allowed. It was an absolute blast to play! I used Zarya and Winston mostly, while my brother used D.Va. While my stats weren't very good, I still feel like I made a huge difference in the matches, particularly with my shields as Zarya and with Winston's mobility. The key factor here is that everyone had a ton of health, so battles were much longer and exhausting, which was great.
Yes Reinhardt, yes, step into my spiderweb of death
Then I played a few normal matches and used Symmetra for the most part. I even got my best performance ever as her on Illios! She's hard to use on maps like this, but once she's setup, she's a monster. I set up my turrets on the point and sucked people into my spiderweb of death, getting the most kills and objective kills in the match. I wasn't as successful when defending King's Row because the other team was just so fucking good...