July 19, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 18th
Platform: PS4

I was kind of hit or miss last night. I had a few great matches, and a few horrible matches... I spent most of my time with Zarya and Symmetra, to take a bit of a break from Reinhardt, Mercy and Lucio.

I still started the evening with a Reinhardt match on Hanamura attack. I did pretty damn well honestly, but it wasn't enough for a win. That map is always difficult to attack, but my team was a little too spread out to make a coordinated push. We made a few solid attempts, but it just wasn't enough.

I was badass as Symmetra last night
My brother joined me soon after and he played as Reaper the whole time. I played with Zarya and I was competent, but not great. My brother was on fucking fire though! He got a play of the game where he killed 4 people with his Death Blossom ultimate. I did manage to get a new trophy for keeping Zarya's weapon power above 70 for 60 seconds!

Later, I played with Symmetra a lot, and not just on defense. She's actually terrifying on attack, or king of the hill, but she's a bit tricky to use because the turrets are less effective in these modes. She's fucking deadly at close range though, so I've been waiting around corners for enemies to move forward, then I try to get them with my beam from the back, melting their health quickly. I have to put turrets up more often, since they are more easily destroyed. Also, the teleporter can be very useful on attack, though it kind of depends on the map. I ended up winning all 5 of my matches with her, so it went really well.

I also had a really good match as Mercy when attacking on the Volskaya map. At the very end of the match, I swooped in to the objective with Guardian Angel, revived three people, then died. However, this was enough for my brother and the other two people to take the point and win the match. It was awesome!