July 4, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 3rd
Platform: PS4

The best part about playing Overwatch, is playing it with my brothers. Last night, we played a few matches together and did relatively well. Our most satisfying match was a grueling battle against a tough team on Volskaya Industries. We defended the point very well, winning it by a hair. Then on attack, we had a really hard time pushing through. The enemy team had a Bastion and Torbjorn protected by a Reinhardt and a Mercy, making any push to the point extremely difficult. I had been playing Reinhardt and Zarya, trying to find a way through, while one of my brothers was Lucio and the other alternated between Reaper and Junkrat.

As the timer was winding down, I decided to make a final push, but as Winston this time. My brother used Lucio's ultimate at the door of the room, then I jumped in with Winston and wrecked havoc on their defensive area. This allowed the rest of my team to push in and we even had a team kill for it, winning the round gloriously!
Just three bros, chilling on defense
I particularly enjoyed playing Zarya last night. She's amazing on capture point maps and her weapon is deceptively powerful. I even had a 15 player kill streak with her at one point. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite heroes. Reinhardt is awesome, but when my team doesn't use the shield to their advantage, Zarya performs better for me.

We also had a brief stint as Mercy, Reinhardt and Bastion on defense. While it started pretty well, the other team was incredibly well coordinated and mowed us down quickly after our first defensive effort.