July 26, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 25th
Platform: PS4

I had another fun night playing Overwatch. I started with the usual suspects playing a variety of matches with Reinhardt, Lucio, Winston, Zarya and Symmetra, but nothing out of the ordinary happened there. I played with my brother a bit, who used Reaper, and we really struggled to win, which is unusual. I think we just got matched with good teams, because we played as well as usual.

The night got more interesting when I continued practicing as McCree. I did much better than the first night, though I still need a lot of improvement. My main issue right now is just aiming. His pistol is an instant hit, because the bullets don't have any travel time. He only has 6 bullets before he needs to reload though, so every hit has to count. I think I may have to lower my controller sensitivity  for McCree to have better long range aim...
My first play of the game as McCree!
I find that the key to doing well with the cowboy is to use flanking routes and take long range potshots. I am often running away from battles when I know I can't win, only to come back and shoot the enemy from afar. His ultimate is really hard to pull off because everyone scatters as soon as they hear the iconic "It's high noon!" battlecry, so positioning is more important than ever. His stun is very powerful too, but it has a long cooldown. Finally, I fan the hammer against larger targets like Roadhog, or when desperate in close quarters battles. I like McCree a lot and I want to be better with him.