July 25, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 24th
Platform: PS4

Once again, I played Overwatch with one of my brothers. Our best match is when I picked Winston and he picked Ana on Gibraltar attack. I was very successful with Winston, mostly because of the enemy team's composition. They had Ana, Junkrat and Hanzo, all squishy characters that usually stay on the back line. This made them prime targets for the big ape... I flanked them multiple times, taking them all out rather easily. Winston is really good at that, getting in behind enemy lines, killing a guy or two then retreating back to the front lines.

My brother did rather well as Ana, though he's still learning how to use her. It's hard for her to heal, because she has to actually shoot her teammates, so it wasn't long before I learned to stay still if I wanted some heals. It's great though because he could heal me even while I was perched high above using Winston's jump. At the end of the match, I had to switch to Reinhardt to push a bit harder. My brother used Ana's ultimate on me and I swept up the whole place, killing 3 enemies and a turret to win the match. It was very cool!
It's high noon,

Later, I decided to finally try an offensive character and used McCree for two matches. His pistol, though it's slow and only has 6 bullets, is very fun to use and pretty damn powerful, but it requires good aim. I'm still learning obviously, but I liked what I played of him. His stun is very useful, particularly against fast targets like Tracer.

McCree can also "Fan the hammer", which unloads all remaining bullets at a rapid pace, but with very bad accuracy. It's designed to be used at close range. Finally, his ultimate, High Noon, it's extremely powerful, but very difficult to pull off well. Once activated, the cowboy walks very slowly and scans his field of vision for enemies. He locks on to them, and once a little red skull appears above on a hero, they can be killed instantly. I got a nice little double kill with it, so that was cool. I definitely want to try him again, if only to be comfortable with an offensive hero when needed.