July 7, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 6th
Platform: PS4

Once again, I got to play with both of my brothers last night, so that was lots of fun! I had another really good match as Winston, even though we lost. I find myself using him a lot when we have another aggressive tank like D. Va or even sometimes Zarya. He's not as good for me on payload maps, but I always enjoy myself as the big ape.

I had a couple of really good rounds as Mercy also. In one match, I latched onto a Pharah that perched herself on a high platform near the end of the King's Row map on defense. I could heal my entire team as they moved the payload, hidden from enemy sight! It worked surprisingly well and I'll keep an eye open for these kinds of opportunities in the future, I'm sure there's a few more maps where I can do that.
"Till Valhalla!"
I bought myself a new legendary skin for Mercy, the wonderful Valkyrie. I think it looks really cool, but on top of that, it even changes her voice line when reviving people to "Till Valhalla!". I found that little touch quite nice.

My brothers played well too, picking their usual heroes. Later, I played competitive mode with one of them and we got brutrally slaugthered.  Competitive mode is motherfucking ruthless. Seriously, I was doing my very best with both Reinhardt and Mercy and we just couldn't make a fucking dent in the other teams. I mean, we won a round or two, but we didn't win a single match. I don't really know why we lost so badly either, it just seemed like the opposing teams were so much better than us. It was kind of frustrating, and I don't think we'll play competitive mode very often.