July 28, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 27th
Platform: PS4

Quite simply, I sucked last night.

I lost 8 matches and won only 4... My aim wasn't at it's best and I made plenty of poor decisions. I won as Symmetra, Mercy, McCree and Zarya. I did all right with Lucio and in other matches as Zarya, but not enough to win.

I was pretty good as Reinhardt in the two matches I used him in, though again, not enough for a win. It didn't help that at one point, our attack team was Reinhardt, Genji, Genji, Ana, Ana and Soldier... Two Ana's is just too weak, and two flankers meant that it was basically me and Soldier against their whole team. It didn't got well at all.

I had a few awesome plays still. My best is when attacking on King's Row as Reinhardt. When I saw an opportunity to get on the first point, I charged in, waited for the enemy Zenyatta's ultimate to end, then used my ultimate to stun him, a Symmetra and a Mei. I then used fire strike on all three of them and swung my hammer, netting me a satisfying triple kill and capturing the point.
A good Tracer can change the whole match. Fuck Tracer man.
I also played two matches with my brother who played Reaper, but he had trouble too. The main problem we had was a very good Tracer who zipped around us like a fucking fly and shot our team down like we were nothing. She was absolutely brilliant, though of course, frustrating for us. At one point, I was so annoyed with her that I used my ultimate just to kill her. They had a teleporter too, so it wasn't long before she was back in our faces... A good Tracer can make a huge impact on a match.

Hopefully, I'll do better next time!