July 22, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: July 21st
Platform: PC and PS4

Well, I've reinstalled Overwatch on PC to see if it would resolve the crashing issue, and so far, I think it has. I managed to play quite a few matches last night without a hitch, so I'm hopeful that I've fixed it for good. This means I ended up playing a few matches with my friend, who is primarily using Junkrat, with a bit of Pharah and Torbjorn on the side.

We lost our first few matches. I mainly played Reinhardt and Lucio, and we just had weird teams that didn't stay in a group. We also had Ana in every group, and sometimes she was great, but sometimes she played like fucking Widowmaker instead of healing the team when needed. Later, our team composition got better and i did very well with Lucio.

The best moment is when we were attacking on Hanamura and were trying to get the second point. We kind of rushed it after the first point, so we had a bit of an advantage, but it was very close. I stayed on point the whole time, jumping and wall riding to avoid damage and keep healing my allies. At one point, an enemy Bastion set up near the spawn exit and took out my friend's Junkrat, so I was alone with Reaper on point. I took out the Bastion on my own, popping my ultimate when I had barely any health left. That sealed the deal and we got the point after this. It was incredibly satisfying!
I take out a Bastion on point, avenging my friend's death and winning the match!
Later, I played a few matches on PS4. My first match was a shit show. We got trampled on King's Row when I was playing as Symmetra. However, I had very good performances after this with Zarya, Winston and Reinhardt. In fact, I even had my best game ever as Zarya, beating various career bests and getting 4 gold medals!

I was aggressive with her, made sure to keep my shields active as often as possible to build up weapon power and help my team survive and prioritized healers when attacking. Zarya can be so fucking dangerous once her weapon powers up, she melts people down like ice cream in the desert, but she's vulnerable between shield cooldown and because she can't move quickly. I am steadily improving with her, and I like her more every day.

I also had a really nice game as Winston on attack on Route 66. We had a Reinhardt and a Mercy, so I figured Winston would be good to get behind enemy lines and wreck havoc. I was right. I jumped behind the front lines and got killed the squishies hiding behind it. I focused on their Zenyatta, Hanzo, Junkrat and Ana. I also harassed their Reinhardt. At one point, I jumped on top of a little bridge, unbeknownst to the enemy team, and took out a Junkrat and Zenyatta without them even realizing I was there. I also had a great moment where I teamed up with a Tracer to take out Reinhardt who had become isolated.

Finally, I had a great defense match on Route 66 as Reinhardt. The best moment is when I got boosted by Ana's ultimate, Nanoboost. This thing is insane... It boosts movement speed and attack power, while also reducing damage taken. She boosted me while I was defending the payload, which allowed me to kill the enemy Ana, Hanzo and Zenyatta in one fell swoop, without assistance from other teammates. This gave me play of the game, though I feel like that was really Ana's play of the game.